Unconventional Computation and Natural Computation 2019
TOKYO, June 3-7, 2019
IMPORTANT DATES (updated)
- Submissson deadline
January 14th, 2019
January 28th, 2019 (AoE)
- Notification of acceptance
March 5th, 2019
- Final version due
March 18th, 2019
For poster session
- 1 page abstract deadline
March 10th, 2019
March 24th, 2019
Updates (January 9th)
- Submission deadline extended to 28th
- Poster session info added
- Page limit raised to 14
Aim and scope
The International Conference on Unconventional Computation and Natural Computation (UCNC) is a meeting where scientists from many different backgrounds are
united in their interest in novel forms of computation,
human-designed computation inspired by nature,
and computational aspects of natural processes.
UCNC provides a forum for such scientists to meet and discuss their work.
The 18th UCNC will be hosted by the University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo.
Topics of Interest
Papers and poster presentations were sought in all areas that relate to unconventional computation and natural computation. Both theoretical and experimental papers are welcome. Typical, but not exclusive, topics are:
- Molecular (DNA) computing, quantum computing, optical computing, chaos computing, physarum computing, computation in hyperbolic spaces, collision-based computing;
- Cellular automata, neural computation, evolutionary computation, swarm intelligence, nature-inspired algorithms, artificial immune systems, artificial life, membrane computing, amorphous computing;
- Computational systems biology, genetic networks, protein-protein networks, transport networks, synthetic biology, cellular (in vivo) computing.
Conference proceedings is planned to be published in Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
Extended versions of selected papers from the proceedings will appear in a special issue of